Tuesday, June 28, 2011

people.

i have really wonderful relationships.  the older i get, the more i understand that this is not the case for everyone.  it's actually kind of rare.  a lot of people don't have "people".  i think it's one of the reasons i loved my bsm job so much.  i get to create opportunities for people to find their "people".  bsm is how i found my "people".
at 25 and single, i've found that a lot of people's "people" start to find other "people", namely husbands and babies, and other people with husbands and babies.  however, i have found that i somehow got to side-step the lonely road that should be 25 and single.  it was a surprisingly un-lonely journey for me.  especially this last year.  and i feel the need to thank three specific people:

 Chase Gandy Dunn.  my loyal co-worker and friend.  My job got about 300% better when Chase came to work with us.  I saw Chase almost every day for 10-months.  He sat about 8 feet away from me, we spent about 50 hours a week together, and still chose to hang out on the weekends.  He acted as personal assistant, therapist, sounding board, think-tanker, personal driver,  and provided MUCH necessary comic-relief and sympathy when no one else understood.  Thank you, Chase Dunn.  Let's be friends forever.



Kristen McMath.  I met Kristen as a kind of favor to our mutual friend Lauren.  We had a "blind date" and assumed nothing would come of it (because that's not how friendships happen...awkward).  But, turns out, I think we were both in need of someone to process life with.  Although neither of us would normally be confident enough to say a phrase like this, I think God had a hand in bringing us together this last year of life.  Thank you, Kristen McMath.  I'm happy you're going to stay close in this next phase of life.



Aleece Methvin:  How does one describe Aleece Methvin? Aleece is one of the most unique people I know.  She's a ridiculous mix of sass, sarcasm, compassion and honesty.  She'll cuss you out and bake you a cupcake all at the same time.  She was a hipster before there were hipsters, and will continue to be one when they're all gone.  She's up for anything, with anyone, at any time.
Aleece has provided more adventure and companionship in this last season of life than anyone else.  I'm grateful for her, and confident she will not be replaced.  Thank you, Aleece Methvin.  I pray we have many more adventures together.


thanks to my people.  you're great.

9 Comments:

Blogger Danusia Jurandówna said...

As I see, you are nice friend, Katy!

I like to meet people too. Every person I meet, gives me something (I mean experience in communication)... And of cause I share it with them!

8/15/2011 3:07 AM  
Blogger SaysMindy said...

It's great to see a person truly happy about their blessings. Great inspiration :)

12/08/2011 1:12 PM  
Anonymous viral internet memes said...

Your blog is really cute, thank you for sharing.

12/20/2011 12:39 PM  
Blogger jack said...

look forward to make more friends here ,thank you.

Ravens Jerseys
Ray Rice Jersey
Lardarius Webb Jersey
Torrey Smith Jersey
Wes Welker Jersey
Rob Gronkowski Jersey

1/09/2012 1:22 AM  
Blogger me said...

I just learned in a very painful way that it is not right to make friends with co-workers specially if they are working under...

5/07/2012 1:31 AM  
Anonymous mmohome.com said...

you are nice friend.

Cheap Runescape GoldCheapest WOW Gold

5/24/2012 2:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...


Do you like cheap

ugg boots
.Buy

ugg boots outlet
. I like

ugg boots clearance
.

10/31/2012 9:37 PM  
Blogger summerlijia said...

Guys, here you a piece of great news.A reliable WoW online store is on hot sale now. The code "sssss" will reduce 5% of your total order. If you are not a WoW gamer, do not forget to tell this good news to your friends. This is a good chance to get cheap WoW gold. Here is the store site http://www.gold4power.com

12/30/2012 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Whitney Bl. said...

Very beautiful :)

1/04/2013 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home