Thursday, August 26, 2010

recent revelations

my time at SPC BSM has taught me a whole slew of things about myself and life and the Lord.  Here are a few personal discoveries i have made:

--I have a weird speech pattern.  I never knew this. No one EVER told me.  but, due to my very honest, very good friends here in Levelland, I am now so very aware of this.  my speech pattern, partnered with my mitten hands, has probably been the #1 impersonated quirk in all of West Texas (special thanks to Aleece Methvin for this one).

--I am predictable.  I always thought i had a little spontaneity in me, but i have come to realize that this is really not that true.  I order the same foods.  I react in the saw ways.  [show me a baby animal, what am i going to do?]  it is what it is.  and sometimes this plays out in very positive ways.  consistency and dependability are great things.  but, other times, it's just straight boring.  shame.
    • i need to mention this:  MANY of my preferences as a child came from my extreme timidity and lack of confidence.  and set the trend for my adult life as well.
    • also, i feel as if everyone thinks they're unpredictable.  you're not.  just like you're probably not laid back, as much as you want to be...
-- i am a worrier.  dang.  there it is.  i worry A LOT.  i very rarely worry about my future or the Lord providing for me.  My worry comes mostly in the form of worrying for other people.  I have tasted and seen that the Lord is good.  and it is my deep hope/trust that no matter what happens in my life, the Lord WILL come through for me.  however, i deeply worry that He will not come through for other people.  For example: when/if i go to the mission field, will God take care of my mom and dad at home?  when my best friend has a baby in ICU, will God show up to comfort them?  when my friend is surrounded by grief and terror in Kabul, will God sustain her?
and my constant realization is this:  this is not my burden to carry.  it is presumptuous of me to think that God will provide for me and not for them.  and just not my place to worry.  matthew 6:26 is probably the most comfort i have found.  Jesus makes it clear that worrying is not my place.  that my friends will be loved and provided for by the Almighty, just as I am.   however, this is out of my control, and is at the core a trust issue.  i cannot sway the heart of man toward God, nor the heart of God toward man.  i am left only with my ability to trust and obey.


-- i cannot consistently maintain a blog.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Katy, this blog kind of makes me sad. for you. but it is good that you realize these things I guess haha. But you also have great qualities:
Your speech pattern is unique, no one talks like katy reed. that I know of :)
I appreciate your predictableness :) because you are a dependable, wonderful friend
ANd I feel your worry shows how deeply you care for your friends and family, even though thats not of the Lord, caring and love is.

Anywhoo... you are unique and greatly appreciated friend.

8/27/2010 5:30 PM  
Blogger Becky Rabb said...

dude. the Lord has been speaking to me about trust too. seems like everything comes from it.... peace... joy... love... all of it.

good thoughts, KatyReed.

9/13/2010 6:08 PM  
Blogger Julie-the-Dazed said...

Well. Personaly I sorta trust God or believe in God for like as long as I can remember myself. But I dunnot set all ma hopes on Him. Cuz I know that I'm the creator of ma destiny,God' s ma support, spiritual. I thank em everytime I gain smth in life)))

A brilliant post! I rly liked !
thank u/
bisou:*

10/27/2010 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Josh Miller said...

Katy, you're blog is awesome! I found myself scrolling down the page to read more! I like your thoughts, Katy Reed. They're good, truthful bits of life... for most people i think. You're gonna write a book someday.

11/15/2010 8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/22/2011 4:28 AM  
Blogger Sac Hermes Bolide said...

Studio room, a sort of Monster headphone that's superb visibility, in which could you view it? With sports activities sales channel as well as entertainment sales channel, Facility is rather pointed. Before Universe Tumbler, when players from on the nations in this world bought over vehicles, School ended up almost their own necks. Nba celeb Kobe also is a person of Monster Beats by Dr . Dre Studio room, and also the Lakers.surpasses by just dre professional Also, sports activity superstars the same as Adam, Howard and the like, this company is furthermore loyal supporters of Monster Beats by Dr . Dre Monster Beats by Dr. Dre Studio. But is not only that, actors for instance Pharrel williams, Could.d.am, Eminem, Keri Hillson, in addition to Gwen Stephani usually are customers with Studio room Monster Beats NFL also; we can notice that in any forms of activity exhibits. Exactly what would make Beats by Dr . Dre Studio end up being golf ball movie star Kobes exclusively appreciate? What makes sport activity famous actors really do the consumers of Monster Beats by Dr . Dre Facilities? The reason superstars present selected opt to bests studio headphones? From the soon after, nicely placed this kind of top secret started out!

3/14/2012 9:30 PM  
Anonymous mmohome.com said...

You are unique and greatly appreciated friend.

Cheap Runescape GoldCheapest WOW Gold

5/24/2012 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home