Sunday, February 07, 2010

winter

it's been a crazy past few weeks in my life. i don't even know where to begin.

one: i got accepted to truett seminary. i am both excited and unsure. upon admittance, i also was told i did not get a large scholarship i had applied for. attached to that sheet of paper was another sheet asking me to accept the scholarship (opposing papers). i called and they clarified: i did not get the scholarship. that was an interesting feeling.
but...i did get accepted. this is an exciting option for the future.

two: the weather has been crazy. we had 2 snow days last week. that was an enjoyable break. photos:

aleece with her snow angel in the background. awkward, but lovely.


playing in the snowed-over corn field next to my house. welcome to west texas. doesn't it just look cold?


three: i did my taxes. i'm getting a decent amount of money back. this is a great blessing. however, i forgot to put my W2 in the mail with my form. i expect this to be a problem shortly.

four: there have been several events/experiences lately that the Lord is using in cool ways. I feel like in general they all culminate to bringing me out of my head and into my heart. I don't know if it's my age, my stage of spiritual growth, my job, or just the way my mind works, but I have been trapped in my head for a few weeks. I mean...really obsessing over trivial theology--trying to master concepts that ultimately are unconquerable. and getting distracted from what matters most. and it is both humbling and astounding to see how the Lord moves in my life to stir my passion for Him--how He knows me and loves me and finds ways in my life to draw me back to loving, trusting, and abiding in Him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

The snow pics are nice. I am always lost in my own thinking about deeper things. Sometimes I think if I don't stop thinking, I will never get anything done. I think God reveals a lot of things to me too.
I am glad you were accepted to the seminary. Do you have plans as to what you want to do?

I have read several of your posts, and I have thought about the one last year on women's ministry. I have always been reluctant to do what other women want in ministry. The studies they want, the weekends together at these big motel conferences of a million people where they tell women they are a daughter of the King. It does not appeal to me. Also, so many women want those Beth Moore studies, which there is nothing wrong with, but come on? Is there nothing else in the world to study?

Anyway, that's me. By the way, I work in a church.

2/21/2010 9:17 PM  
Blogger Julie-the-Dazed said...

haah. we hav gor far far far colderrrr winters. brrrrr. but i hav got accustumed)))

10/27/2010 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home