Monday, May 01, 2006

the end of an era.

so...i like familiarity. change is not a desired companion in my life. i've had the same screenname for around five years. i'm not very trendy. i will most likely have the same job for 40+ years. i could eat chicken soup at all meals. i 've worn the same watch every day since 2004. i don't retire shoes until they break beyond repair. if i like things, i stick with them...friends, soap, cars, schools, sheets, whatever.

so, after wearing this ring for a bit, i knew i would like it and it would stick with me. and it did. until the fatal day...

friday, my adventure education class met at the ropes course. little did i know, it would be the worst day of my life. after repelling off the tower i took my glove off...only to see this smushed to my hand...


are you kidding me?? i don't even know how to approach the situation. well...ok...i do...i'll probably get it fixed. or replace it. but that's not the point. the point is i don't like change. and i don't like my naked finger. and i don't like messing with fixing it.

so...i leave you with this. if you look close enough, you may be able to see my hand being crushed. or not.

4 Comments:

Blogger shauna said...

worst day of your life? I think that may be an overstatement. But this is an unfortunate situation. I send my condolences.

5/02/2006 12:53 AM  
Blogger Erinne said...

I have a ring just exactly like that. We can share it if you want

5/03/2006 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it could be worse, your finger could have been squished like that.

5/03/2006 2:18 PM  
Blogger Caitlin said...

i am devastated for you.

my ring lost the stone in it and looks bad. i still wear it though, because i just love it that much.

5/04/2006 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home