Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Mayne... hol' up... I got too much lean in my cup

so today i was thinking. and there is a lot of good stuff going on in my life.

so, automatically the song lyric "mayne...hol' up...i got too much lean in my cup" popped into my head. really, it's not as weird as you think...the song is in my head a lot. by the way, this is the only line i know and i don't know who sings it. but i think it would be classified as "rap".

i just assumed that when writing this lyric, the rapper intended it to be interpreted as "hold on guys, my cup runneth over" (and then perhaps the guy would pause and praise God). seriously, i did assume this...at least the first part.
but, after some googling of "lean", i realized that it's not exactly a song about a man pausing to examine his amazing, plentiful life. he's actually just saying "wait, i think my alcoholic drink is spilling, i should slow down."

TALK ABOUT DISAPPOINTMENT.

but, if you ever hear me singing this song, my drink is not about to spill. don't hold up. but we can stop and praise God. because my cup runneth over.

4 Comments:

Blogger josh said...

you're funny.

4/07/2006 3:10 PM  
Blogger josh said...

i think thats the beauty of poetry... and some elements of thematic rap. sometimes the picture painted gives room for a little interpretation. and then sometimes you just have to ignore what they actualy meant and take it out of context...wait a minute

4/07/2006 4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lean isn't alcoholic it is a drink originated from houston texas. it is made of codiene, sprite, and jolly ranchers.

10/28/2008 8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a fucking idiot.

6/24/2009 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home