Monday, March 06, 2006

little black sambo

moving on...
look familiar?? if you're blessed like me, you will recognize this as one of your favorite childhood story characters. his name is little black sambo, son of black mumbo and black jumbo.
it's arguably the best kid's book ever written. sambo gets a new outfit, but a bunch of tigers steal it. then the tigers get mad and fight over who's the coolest...and they fight so hard and in such a tight circle that they end up turning into a large pile of butter. (i wish i was making this up...but, no...it's all in the book.) then sambo's mom cooks pancakes in tiger butter...and they all eat a ridiculous amount. the end.
has anyone else heard of this story?? i'm beginning to think that i just had a weird childhood. noone else knew about denver the last dinosaur, either. and he was totally legit. hmmm...
so yeah, if you know about sambo, let me know. we can have a book reading party or something.

2 Comments:

Blogger shauna said...

am I allowed to comment if I am boycotting? or do I dare comment at all? Oh well.

I am happy that this creepy little guy brings you so much pleasure. However, it does concern me that he is naked through half the book.
On another note, I want to meet Chris' third grade teacher.

3/06/2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger josh said...

hey...i grew up on denver the last dinosaur...he's my friend and a whole lot more!!!

3/06/2006 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home