Wednesday, June 07, 2006

ok.

amie (my best friend from home) is in lebanon for the month on a mission trip. she sends an update every week. this is how she ended her last email:

I love you guys, and I'm thankful for your prayers and friendship. Please know that I am here because i love Jesus. I really do. I wouldn't be here if I didn't. It's hot. The days are long. We can't flush toilet paper, so our bathroom smells. Our kitchen smells like feet. The food tastes weird. People yell at us and chase us out of buildings. But I count it a joy because Jesus is so worth it to me. He really is. I do not talk to a lot of you too much about this, but know that this isn't just a cool trip or doing something adventurous, but "Christ's love compels me." It's all I know to do. I believe that the world has to know that He is good and loving. They don't know. So many don't know. They worship an angry god, a false god. Mine is loving. That is why I am here, and I love it.

i like this. it makes me happy that these are the words of one of my closest friends. it makes me happy that after so many years of friendship, we're still on the same page. maybe I like it because I know amie and I know her heart, and I know that it’s hard to talk to close family and friends like this. So yeah…props to amie today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home