Tuesday, September 09, 2008

arenal, la fortuna waterfall, monteverde, etc.

so we headed to the mountains this weekend to do some orientation with my professor and the dean of education. it was a good time. mostly because of it's beautiful scenery. here is a waterfall we hiked to...notice the people swimming at the bottom.



also, here's a view of arenal volcano from our van ride. nice.

and...perhaps the coolest part of it all would be the ziplining through (actually, it was more above) the rainforest. hopefully this video will load and you can watch it.




started student teaching today. so far so good. i like my mentor teacher, so that is excellent. right now i'm just trying to observe it all and get my feet on the ground.

i also move into my new host home today. let's hope they're good, because i will be with them all semester. cross your fingers.

more to come.

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky Rabb said...

OH my gosh katyreed! thats SO AWESOME! I have ALWAYS wanted to do that! i definitely didnt realize there was a man behind you the whole ride until you showed him. hahaha, oh well.

9/10/2008 10:22 PM  
Blogger Teysha Faith said...

so tonight on the office one of the guys had broken his neck and stuff from zip-lining in costa rica.

it made me think of you.

9/25/2008 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home